The Good Samaritan administrative internship is normally a 5-6 month experience at an internship site selected by the Society. The intern is both a student and an employee of the Society, engaged as an "apprentice" in the Administrator- In-Training (AIT) program to grow and develop as a professional.
The focuses of the internship experience are both clinical experience in a nursing home environment and intensive classroom instruction. The intern is exposed to general long-term care topics; Federal and State regulations; and specific Good Samaritan philosophies, policies, and procedures.
The internship is completed under the guidance of a licensed and experienced preceptor, with the Society's Director, Administrators' Services & Education conducting site visits and providing overall direction for the program. Upon successful completion of the internship, the intern is assigned to a Good Samaritan facility as an administrator.
Persons applying to participate in the Good Samaritan Society's internship program must meet these prerequisites:
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
• Background coursework or experience in health care, business administration, or gerontology
• Strong desire to serve the elderly within a Christian framework
• Ability to and willingness to relocate to any of the Good Samaritan facilities located in 24 states
• Be an active member of a Christian church
Contact and Miscellaneous Information:
Good Samaritan Society- National Campus
1017 W 57th Street
Sioux Falls, SD 57117
Phone: 605 362-3100
||Admin & Clerical, Healthcare, Management
||Healthcare / Health Services
Recent Jobs you've looked at: