The primary responsibility of the pharmacy technician is customer care. Customer service is always our first priority, whether it is helping customers at the counter, drive-thru, or calling into the pharmacy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Answers the phone and directs them to appropriate person.
2. Assist clerk with customers when needed.
3. Stock supplies and make sure pharmacy is neat and clean.
4. Reconstitute suspensions, quote prices, print labels, process prescriptions, fill owe’s, compound simple prescriptions, print patient profiles.
5. Responsible for end of night procedures, return prescriptions to stock, calls or faxes doctors for refills, call or fax doctors for prior authorizations.
6. Must know abbreviations, equivalent amounts, & storage requirements for drugs.
7. Transfer merchandise between stores, write off store use and damaged or stolen items.
9. Check ATEB to see if prescription was picked up.
10. Updates patient addresses and phone numbers.
11. Check and log refrigerator/freezer temps daily.
12. ScriptPro daily maintenance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
1. Knowledge of basic drug terminology.
2. Know brand and generic drugs.
3. Know basic pharmaceutical calculations.
4. Detail orientated.
5. Possess the ability to work effectively with others as part of a team, as well as individually.
6. Possess good organizational and time-management skills.
7. Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
8. Familiar with data entry and use of a computer
9. Dependable in attendance and job performance.
10. Possess the ability and initiative to plan for and complete daily activities in coordination with other pharmacy team members.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. High school diploma.
2. Successful completion of an approved/accredited pharmacy technician program desired.
1. Sitting, standing, walking throughout pharmacy.
2. Operation of office machinery and pharmacy equipment.
3. Occasionally lift/move items up to 40 lbs.
4. Visual abilities to include reading, distance vision and peripheral vision.
Contact and Miscellaneous Information:
2701 S. Minnesota Ave.
Sioux Falls, SD 57105
Phone: (605) 367-2844
||Health Care - Pharmacy, Healthcare
||Healthcare / Health Services
Recent Jobs you've looked at: