Great Plains Swine, LLC strives to be a leader in hog and pork production, focusing on efficiencies, profitability and sustainability to deliver healthy and high quality stock.
Job Title: Herdsman
Site Location: White Lake
Reports to: Site Manager
Description: The Herdsman will be responsible for monitoring the care and maintenance of Great Plains Swine, LLC livestock in MODERN and CLEAN state of the art facilities. This person will work with an established team to ensure that production and quality standards are properly executed in order to continuously drive performance.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
• Routine care of livestock
• Abide with standard operating procedures
• Complies with biosecurity policies to ensure herd health
• Assist with data collection and operation of electronic sow ID system
• Perform and assist with maintenance
• Other duties as assigned
• Self-motivated team player who possesses excellent initiative and decision making skills.
• Work without supervision
• Strong time management and excellent communication skills required.
• Interpersonal skills are necessary to maintain and build relationships with team members.
• Ability to lift 75 pounds, standing, walking and bending.
• Ability to climb (approximately 20 feet off ground), on ladders, bins, buildings and equipment.
• Valid driver’s license
Compensation: $27,000 - $34,000 plus benefits DOE&Q
Submit applications or resumes to: HPork@stansinc.net
Contact and Miscellaneous Information:
This employer has chosen to remain private
||Agricultural / Farming
Recent Jobs you've looked at: