Gordmans is an everyday low price department store retailer operating 78 stores in 18 states based in Omaha, NE. Our 95 year old company became a publicly traded entity in August of 2010 following the company’s highly successful Initial Public Offering (IPO). We are poised for considerable growth in the months and years to come.
Our unique retail concept offers name brand merchandise at up to 60% off of department and specialty store prices every day. You will find a fun, entertaining atmosphere in all of our locations with an emphasis on merchandise presentation and outstanding service.
We are looking for applicants who are aggressive, organized, and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and enjoy having fun while generating outstanding results.
The energetic and enthusiastic person who fills this position must possess the ability to obtain results and most importantly, have the ability to delight guests and develop outstanding guest service qualities in other team members.
This position is responsible for providing a positive shopping experience through effective merchandise presentation and prompt, courteous guest service.
Explore this Excellent Opportunity by Applying in Person Today.
• Prepare merchandise by opening boxes in the stockroom, removing merchandise, unwrapping, sorting, ticketing and folding or hanging merchandise as required.
• Move merchandise from the stockroom to the sales floor. All Sales Associates are responsible for ensuring the timely movement of merchandise from the stockroom to the sales floor by utilizing rolling racks
• Understand the basic merchandising concepts and apply them when placing merchandise on the appropriate fixture. Ensure proper merchandise presentation through daily filling, sizing and straightening of merchandise and fixtures.
• Operate cash register. Identify and locate the bar codes on items and correctly scan the codes. When the price code is illegible or missing, cashiers must obtain assistance for price checks and manually enter the price and SKU information. Cashiers reconcile their own cash drawer at the beginning of each shift and may be held responsible for any overages or shortages in accordance with company policy.
• Process guest payments. Process all forms of guest payments accepted by the store, including cash, checks, gift cards and credit cards. Payment processing duties include counting cash and making change, verifying credit cards and completing credit card receipts, communicating with guests to obtain identification such as driver’s licenses, and verifying and recording guest identification on checks, and obtaining check authorization as required
• Competitive Wage
• Comprehensive Benefit Plan, including paid vacations, holidays and sick time
• 20% Associate Discount
Please pick up application at store - 4001 Louise Avenue, Sioux Falls, SD
Contact and Miscellaneous Information:
4001 Louise Avenue
Sioux Falls, SD 57106
Recent Jobs you've looked at: