Responsible for the supervision of Computer Operations, including core processing software, imaging systems, and related hardware platforms. Responsible for ensuring programs process with the expected outcomes, and that work schedules and processing procedures are properly prepared and executed. Experience with FISERV, core Bank processing software, or IBM iSeries is preferred. Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm. On call may be required, or nights/weekend hours as business needs require.
Major Position Functions
1. Creates and maintains a work and processing schedule for the computer operators.
2. Reviews, on a daily basis, the work performed the previous day to ensure that processing was performed in the correct manner.
3. Reviews, on a quarterly basis, samples of day and night processing checklists and corresponding trouble tickets to ensure that work is being completed in a structured, efficient manner.
4. Ensures that all required logs are updated on a daily basis by the responsible person.
5. Ensures that required reports, customer statements, and notices are properly sent to retention or imaging systems within required timeframes.
6. Completes or coordinates required maintenance and modifications to the imaging systems related hardware.
7. Ensures that necessary preventative maintenance on the mainframe equipment is performed on the predetermined schedule.
8. Performs a quarterly audit of all offsite backups and ensures the accuracy of tape logs.
9. Performs troubleshooting of imaging system or core processing systems, including user or application access, interfaces, and outputs.
10. Utilizes Change Management, Incident Management and Problem Management procedures to minimize system downtime and/or customer impact. Manages Help Desk tickets for the Computer Operations area, ensuring consistency with Information Systems standards for completion and documentation.
11. Provides accurate, timely communication to internal and external stakeholders.
12. Performs post incident reviews, determining root cause and implementing corrections or preventive measures.
13. Maintains system communication and state between the primary data center and the secondary data center.
14. Reviews system and/or application related update, feature, and functionality documentation, and communicate required information to relevant third parties.
15. Performs Risk Assessment and Mitigation activities for the Computer Operations area.
16. Tests SOX (Sarbanes Oxley) related controls for Computer Operations.
17. Performs after hours Management escalation or support as needed.
18. Coordinates task and project workloads with internal and external parties to ensure successful completion of assigned activities.
19. Participates in project teams as assigned.
20. Implements, reviews and trains staff on bank procedures and policies as required by the Bank Board of Directors, Management, Law, and Regulation.
21. Provides written and/or verbal reports of selected activities, progress toward plan, and year-to-date variance according to management expectations.
22. Ensures staff is appropriately trained to demonstrate job related competence in order to meet required performance levels.
23. Maintains quality control process within established targets.
1. 4-year degree or equivalent work related experience required.
2. 2 year minimum of computer operations experience required.
3. Knowledge of IBM iSeries Operating systems beneficial.
4. Knowledge of core banking systems required (FISERV preferred.)
5. Experience with imaging systems and scanning technologies.
6. Experience with or exposure to ITIL concepts and processes.
7. Experience with compliance and regulatory standards or frameworks.
8. Strong verbal, written, and presentation communication skills.
9. Strong organizational and time management skills.
10. Must be able to work well under stress.
11. Advanced problem solving skills required.
12. Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
13. Problem identification and resolution skills required.
Contact and Miscellaneous Information:
||Information Technology, Management, Banking
||Banking / Financial Services
Recent Jobs you've looked at: