Summary: Conduct manufacturing engineering assignments in conformity with sound engineering principles, policies, and controls. Develop new methods, tooling, and process designs to resolve quality and cost issues to support a Lean/continuous improvement manufacturing environment. Reports to the V.P. Operations
* Design and improve processes of the manufacturing systems with a strong emphasis on quality, productivity, and operating costs by implementing lean concepts and sustaining ISO
* Responsible for managing projects to reduce non-value added activities
* Focus on operation procedures to improve ergonomic and human factors
* Technical skills in analyzing manufacturing processes and methods including flow, layout, and production equipment
* Assist in the training of production personnel
* Ensures that all manufacturing methods, tooling and equipment complies with state and federal regulations
* Cost-justify various tools, machinery and equipment for recommended manufacturing methods.
* Confer with management, engineering and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
* Collaborates closely with the maintenance group to effectuate equipment upgrades and improvements.
* Planning experience - must have an ability to think ahead and plan over a 3-6 month time span.
* Project Management skills - ability to organize and manage multiple projects through manufacturing process.
* Degree in Industrial, Manufacturing, Mechanical, or related engineering discipline
Minimum four years of engineering experience in various fabrication functions
Contact and Miscellaneous Information:
4010 320th Street
Boyden, IA 51234
Phone: (712) 725-2311
Recent Jobs you've looked at: