SDN Communications is looking to hire a Circuit Engineer. Competitive pay and great benefits package.
Perform a variety of highly skilled circuit and high level network design related duties. Design and validate circuit and edge network layouts incorporating various network infrastructures. Duties are performed in a highly customer orientated organization, where exercising excellent customer service and teamwork is paramount. The employee is expected to exercise considerable initiative and judgment in planning and organizing work, take a leading role in carrying duties, and modify plans to meet unexpected situations and deal with associated problems. Work may be subject to frequent demands caused by deadlines and heavy workloads.
• Primarily responsible for the design of TDM and Ethernet based services in support of both commercial and wholesale market segments following guidelines and network structure set by SDN network and plant engineering staff.
• Utilize Oracle’s Metasolv Solution application to build network paths and make facility assignments (TDM based DS0s to OC192s and Ethernet VLANs) internally and to outside provider networks within designated timeframes.
• Work with engineering to document network topology and equipment inventory records.
• Work customer and internal service order related tasks, and pro-actively seek resolution to any potential service delivery issues prior to committed delivery dates.
• Work with other Engineering departments to identify new facility and capacity needs to facilitate network growth.
• Perform high level design duties across various telecom network topologies and technologies including CO and customer premise equipment, MPLS and Data network systems, digital access cross-connect systems, and all collocation and interconnect facilities.
• Develops and maintains detailed network and equipment designs and documentation.
• Maintain network asset and circuit inventory software including Oracle’s Metasolv Solution application and provide support to staff with regard to questions or problems within the applications.
• Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school preferred; or four years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education, experience, and/or training
• Valid driver’s license and ability to operate company vehicle in safe manner.
• Experience in telecommunications preferred. Willingness to maintain industry knowledge.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Access, Excel, Visio and Word software.
Contact and Miscellaneous Information:
2900 West 10th Street
Sioux Falls, SD 57104
Phone: 605-334-7185 or
Recent Jobs you've looked at: