Oak Hills Baptist Church is looking for a full-time administrative assistant. Hours are Monday – Friday 8:00 – 5:00. Could have some minimal hours outside of typical business hours, depending on projects. Pay is $12 – $15/hour. Job description and qualifications are listed below.
A genuine team player who can also work independently, can juggle and manage the workload, has good problem solving and organizational skills, a sense of urgency, a professional and friendly demeanor and good verbal and written communication skills.
1. Greets and assists guests in a professional and friendly manner.
2. Provides general administrative duties including: mailing projects, creates and maintains files, researches information to compile various projects.
3. Organize and send welcome letters to new and returning visitors.
4. Coordinates office upkeep and maintenance of break room, lobby, plants, office equipment, etc. Keeps kitchen and office supplies stocked.
5. Design and print contemporary and professional looking weekly bulletins, communication cards, inserts, posters, etc.
6. Routes and files various office communications, including weekly email newsletter and monthly newsletter (via email and print) to congregation.
7. Update and maintain mass email tool used for weekly newsletter, monthly newsletter, and various other ministry email communication with all or portions of the congregation.
8. Assist with preparatory work for Senior Pastor, pastoral staff and ministry teams.
9. Assists Senior Pastor, pastoral staff and others, as assigned, with administrative tasks.
10. Witness and enter deposit amounts, and perform other basic bookkeeping functions. Create month end giving reports, collect monthly expense reports from staff, create weekly and monthly ACH batches, and forward that information to the accountant
11. Update and maintain website including weekly sermon audio and study guide, upcoming events listing, and all other changes to the website. Create new pages, forms, etc. as needed.
12. Update and keep current the Facebook and Twitter accounts.
13. Maintain and keep various church calendars, and prayer and praises current on website.
14. Perform additional data entry and maintenance of records as needed (i.e. Sunday School attendance, directory, congregation pictures, church database)
15. Answers, screens and routes incoming telephone calls, email and mail.
16. Coordinate and communicate with any family/organization using the facility outside of scheduled church activities including weddings, workshops, meetings, etc.
17. Complete compliance and annual reporting (i.e. NAB conference reports, etc.).
18. Perform other clerical tasks as needed and perform purchase trips for needed supplies.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must be well-organized and flexible with the ability to multi-task.
• A commitment to good interpersonal relationships, teamwork and support of church ministries, and a pleasant personality.
• A commitment to confidentiality regarding all records, both of the church and staff, and the members.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate’s degree (A.A.) from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Some accounting and/or bookkeeping experience preferred.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to customers, managers, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to make visitors and guests feel welcome. Ability to interact as a team member and take direction from pastoral staff, while contributing as an individual. Ability to present the church in a positive light. Must have a diplomatic style.
Must have excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office. Familiarity with WORDPRESS preferred, but experience with other web-based site management tool acceptable and is a must. Experience with MailChimp or other online mass email tool also a must. Experience and familiarity with social media including Facebook and Twitter strongly desired. Experience in Power Church Plus a benefit.
Contact and Miscellaneous Information:
Oak Hills Baptist Church
6201 S. Lyncrest Ave.
Sioux Falls, SD 57108
||Admin & Clerical, Customer Service, Marketing / Communications
||Other Great Industries
Recent Jobs you've looked at: