You’re a talented, hard-working engineer who loves to keep the infrastructure humming. You’re fanatical about solid, reliable engineering and building large-scale, fault-tolerant systems. You are a passionate open-source geek who loves Linux and is excited about the challenges surrounding rapid growth.
Like the name implies, you know that great DevOps Engineers are just as at home writing code as they are provisioning hardware. You have good knowledge of a scripting language (e.g. Bash, Python, Perl), and ideally, have contributed code to an open source project.
We're looking for a smart, creative DevOps Engineer with a fierce dedication to making things happen, who shares our commitment to innovation and pushing the technical envelope.
We're growing fast, and need help ensuring our users will continue to be wowed by our products and reliability. It's an audacious goal and we'll achieve it--with your help. If the job tempts you and you think you can ace it give us a shout, okay, okay, not literally but drop us an email.
Some of your major duties and responsibilities will include:
• Setup, monitor and manage all environments.
• Researching and resolving technical problems. Documenting, tracking, and monitoring issues across all our servers to keep us ticking.
• Installing, configuring, and maintaining servers, software, networks and operating systems. Helping us decide what needs to get built, and then building it.
• Developing Scripts and great ideas to automate system deployment to scale infrastructure.
• Build management, monitoring, back-up and security systems using DevOps techniques.
• Manage production, staging, and internal servers.
• Set up and maintain tools to improve infrastructure and processes.
• Diagnose and resolve infrastructure issues (hardware, software, and network).
• Automate processes using shell scripts.
• Plan, implement, and validate security systems and procedures.
• Ensure solid server logging and monitoring.
• Perform server capacity and scale planning.
• Document system design and ops procedures.
• Drive verification of ops procedures through simulations and drills.
• Performing root-cause analysis for service interruptions and creating preventative measures for deployment. Making things better.
The things you have to have, have to know or have experience with:
• Solid Systems Engineering and Operations experience.
• Strong Linux skills, a minimum of 2 years real world experience.
• Solid knowledge of Unix systems and tools.
• Experience with at least one scripting language (Python, Perl, and/or Bash).
• Experience with network tools (bind, apache, samba, ssh, iptables).
• Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
• Knowledgeable about network hardware and protocols.
• Good programming/scripting capabilities.
• Experience with performance analysis and testing.
• Knowledge of best practices for security and disaster recovery.
• Ability to compile from source.
• Ability to work as part of an agile development team.
• A permanent legal right to work in the U.S.
• You’re excited about this!
Bonus items, these are the nice to have:
• Experience with Ubuntu Linux including package creation and management.
• Database optimization at the server level.
• Microsoft Windows system administration experience.
• Adept at Python as a scripting language.
• Knowledgeable about virtual machine management.
• Home beer brewing kit.
What we offer:
• Competitive salary
• Retirement plan with matching
• Health and vision insurance
• Paid vacation
• Catered lunch – Yep, 5 days a week
• Free soft drinks and snacks
• Private offices
• Casual work environment
• Minimal crunch time (after hours work)
• No pager (on call duties) for the foreseeable future
How to Apply:
To apply, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please attach a current resume and include a cover letter that explains why you think you’d be a good fit for the company and for this position.
Zuercher Technologies, LLC is a privately held, bootstrapped software company dedicated to improving the technology available to public safety professionals. Since 2003, we've been building ledsSuite, a public safety software suite. Now in its seventh version, ledsSuite has expanded to handle computer-aided dispatch, mapping, records management, mobile CAD & RMS, jail management, civil process tracking, financial records management, agency administration, reporting, and countless other tasks.
Contact and Miscellaneous Information:
Zuercher Technologies LLC
5121 S. Solberg Ave Ste 150
Sioux Falls, SD 57108
||Engineering, Software Development - Programming, Technical
Recent Jobs you've looked at: