Location: Pierre, South Dakota
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Construction, manufacturing, retail
Job Type: Divisional Manager
Education: 4 year degree
Experience: Three years minimum
Contact: Human Resources Department 605 223-2585
Morris, Inc. is a member of the Associated General Contractors of South Dakota, Inc., Highway-Heavy-Utilities Chapter, and we pride ourselves on safe, timely, and efficient work. We currently have several job openings available that provide tremendous opportunities in high level divisional management positions. Morris, Inc. is located in the heart of central South Dakota, which offers some of the finest outdoor recreational activities including world class fishing on the Missouri River, hunting on the prairies, and close proximity to the Black Hills. As the state capital, the economy is steady and thriving. We have a family-first company philosophy in a family-friendly community. Crime rates are low, and education is top-notch.
Over the past 40 years, Morris, Inc. has grown into the area’s leader in all areas of the heavy highway construction industry, including mining of aggregate materials, asphalt lay down, redimix concrete, underground utilities, specialized manufacturing and equipment sales and rentals. We offer a competitive benefits package. Relocation assistance will be considered for well-qualified candidates.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage division operations, providing leadership to all division personnel;
• Accept responsibility for division performance, production, quality and delivery;
• Ensure that all divisional staff are held accountable for their work and are treated fairly and equally;
• Develop team member’s technical and professional skills to insure optimal personal and company growth and performance;
• Work with other divisional heads to insure coordination of activities and efficient operations;
• Actively participate in a continuous improvement process within the management and executive levels.
• BS degree preferred or proven experience;
• Strong leadership, analytical, organizational, and problem solving skills;
• Technical competence, ability to interact with skilled trades and engineering;
• Proven effective leadership, management and personal skills;
• Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressure environment and make sound decisions;
• Ability to present complex ideas;
• Excellent communication skills including verbal and written.
Contact and Miscellaneous Information:
Recent Jobs you've looked at: