Information Technology Manager
REPORTS TO: Operations Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt – Computer Professionals
The Information Technology Manger leads the IT team to assure reliable, long-term operations of all computers and related equipment in the company. This person ensures that the manufacturing systems are integrated with the company's business system and develops, implements, and supports applications accomplishing this goal. The Information Technology Manager drives operational productivity improvements allowing for business growth without additional indirect overhead. The Information Technology Manager ensures the protection and confidentiality of company’s data.
• Leads and develops IT team to maximize talents and skills to accomplish position objectives.
• Provide strategic planning of computer hardware and applications.
• Provide strategic planning of telephone system and security system hardware and applications.
• Provide access and controls to applications and data communications for the company.
• Consult with users to determine hardware, software, or systems functional specifications.
• Negotiate terms and condition of purchases.
• Design develop, document, analyze, create, test or modify all computer systems or programs.
• Design, document, test, create, or modify of computer programs related to machine-operating systems.
• Evaluate computer operating systems, software, and hardware and communication requirements.
• Provide and maintain adequate computer hardware for the company.
• Provide accountability and process controls for maintaining company assets.
• Consult where needed in system design, application, and automated processes.
• Maximize computer uptime and assure data integrity and disaster recovery.
• Continually improve end users access and timeliness to improved data required for their job function.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Computer hardware and setup
• Operating systems
• Database environments
• Software applications
• Local area networking
• Scheduling work to achieve goals
• Customer focused environment
• Telephone systems and voice over IP
• Operation system management
• Network communications
• Data processing
• Strong organizational skills
• Verbal and written communication and listening skills
• Problem solving and evaluation
• Process improvements
• Project management
• Good communication skills
• Good interpersonal skills
• Leadership skills for an effective and learning IT team, growing tomorrow’s leaders.
• Analyze communications and determine tomorrows requirements and system solutions
• Be flexible and adapt to changes in the market place
• Improve process of information flow
• Problem solve issues and
• Prioritize and multitask
• Meet goals and objectives set for department and company
• Keep current in changing work methods
• Maximize opportunities for the business
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
Very frequent – 20 + hours per week: Office setting, Walking, Hand dexterity – keyboarding, Talking, Moving around from computer to computer and building to building as needed to work on issues
Frequent – 8 to 20 hours per week: Travel, Flexibility to get into tight places, Lifting up to 25 lbs, Reaching, pushing and pulling
Material and Equipment Used: Computer, Telephone, Fax, Copier
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Limited and infrequent For more information on the position or to receive an electronic application, e-mail Bridget Benson at Bridget.Benson@appliedeng.com No phone calls, please
Applied offers competitive wages and benefits including:
Flexible Hours, Holiday Pay, Medical, Dental, Sick Leave, Vacation, STD, LTD, Vision, 401(k) with match, Bonus Program
Applications are being taken at the following locations:
o Applied Engineering, Inc, 2008 East Hwy 50, Yankton, SD 57078
o Yankton Career Center, 3113 Spruce St., Yankton, SD 57078
Post-offer drug screen and background checks are required
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS INCLUDING EQUIPMENT AND MACHINE COMPETENCIES:
• Associate Degree in Computer Science or 3 to 5 years of relative experience in computer systems and networking
• Experience with computer hardware setup, operating systems, database environments and software applications
• Experience with local area networking.
Contact and Miscellaneous Information:
||Information Technology, Management