Nelson Engineering, Inc. is all about harnessing the right technologies to make a cleaner, more energy-efficient tomorrow. We are currently seeking a Designer/Drafter to be part of our expanding professional team. If you are looking for a career with an innovative and fast-paced company join our team today.
WHAT NELSON ENGINEERING WILL OFFER YOU:
• We like to retain our experienced professional employees so we offer a competitive base salary of $35,000+.
• If you are looking to grow in your career, we are a good place to start, we have many advancement opportunities available.
• In addition to your salary we offer you a full benefits package including: medical and dental with family plans available, prescription drug benefit, a vision discount plan, flex spending accounts, life insurance and disability policies are available.
• Additionally, you will be able to take part in the 401K plan, bonus program and we strongly encourage continuing education.
• Because we believe in balancing your work life and your home life, you will also receive 8 paid holidays, paid vacation time and personal leave.
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
• Create bid drawings, construction drawings, isometric drawings, piping and instrumentation diagrams, as-built drawings using Autodesk AutoCAD software suite of products including but not limited to CADworx Plant Pro, AutoCAD Revit, AutoCAD MEP, AutoCAD Architectural and AutoCAD Structural Steel Detailing.
• Read, interpret and organize blueprints and piping and instrumentation diagrams( P&ID’s)
• Develop in-depth knowledge of company engineering drafting practices and procedures
• Develop in-depth knowledge of company computer modeling tools and technical data systems
• Assist Project team with procurement
• On-site field data acquisition
• Some travel may be required
• Three plus years of experience in process piping design and drafting using the software listed above.
• Two-year degree in Mechanical Drafting/Design Technology
• Experience in the industrial and mechanical industry
• Experience in AutoCAD software as noted above
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to think and design three dimensionally
• Detail oriented
• Good organizational skills
• Experience with Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project is a plus
• Willingness to work as part of a team and meet project deadlines
Contact and Miscellaneous Information:
500 West Hanger St
Sioux Falls, SD 57104