Diamond Mowers is the leader in roadside vegetation management, offering a full line of industrial mowers, including rotary, flail, and boom mowers, which are designed to fit most makes of tractors, skid-loaders, and construction wheel loaders. The Diamond Mowers family has been innovators in the industry for over 40 years. We manufacture our own parts to ensure quality at every step, and we operate with relentless focus on innovative engineering and premium customer service. We are seeking a quality and detail-oriented, self-motivated individual to join us in the fast-paced working environment of a growing company. Pre-Employment drug screening required.
We are currently seeking full-time welders. Current openings are on 2nd shift Monday-Thursday 4:30pm-3:00am.
Welder Key Results Area
The Welder reports to the Manufacturing Manager and is responsible for the following results:
KRA 1: A high quality product, free from defects, is produced to the high standards of Diamond Mowers.
KRA 1 Critical Tasks:
1. Learns all products and builds quickly and consistently in their entirety including how to weld them.
2. Inspects materials, parts, and products using common tools such as tape measure, calipers, micrometers, and protractors.
3. Continually working to refine processes to improve quality and reduce cycle times.
4. Reports to Manufacturing Manager status of products and where there are issues.
5. Focuses on details and demonstrates efficient time management at all times.
KRA 2: Orders and all assigned tasks are efficiently and accurately welded in all phases of manufacturing on time, every time.
KRA 2 Critical Tasks:
1. Works from blueprints, rework instructions, work orders, engineering orders, and verbal/written instructions to layout, position, align, and fit components together.
2. Bolts, clamps, and tacks parts to secure in position for welding.
3. Sets up and operates welders to weld assemblies, sub-assemblies, and parts from steel using MIG and TIG welding processes.
KRA 3: Safe working environment is maintained to ensure safety of all Diamond Mowers employees.
KRA 3 Critical Tasks:
1. Ensures proper lifting techniques; including proper hoist usage, asking for assistance, or any other measure to ensure safe lifting techniques are completed.
2. Keeps neat and clean work environment.
3. Wears proper safety gear where/when required; for example weld helmet, gloves, shields and steel toed boots.
KRA 4: Focus on working in a team driven atmosphere is maintained to ensure overall success of Diamond Mowers.
KRA 4 Critical Tasks:
1. Communicates effectively with coworkers and management.
2. Learns all aspects of Diamond Mowers’ product line continuously.
3. Maintains great attendance to ensure manufacturing plans are met and individual accountability.
KRA 5: All other duties are performed as necessary.
• 2+ years MIG/TIG welding experience or welding diploma/degree/certification
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints and weld symbols
• Abilitiy to lift, pull, push 75+ pounds
• Ability to operate forklift and bridge cranes
Contact and Miscellaneous Information:
Diamond Mowers, Inc.
27134 Parklane Drive
Sioux Falls, SD 57106
||Manufacturing, Skilled Labor, Agricultural / Farming