Summary: Plans and directs analysis of complex business problems to be solved with automated systems by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Consults with external and internal customers to identify and document business needs and objectives, current operational procedures, problems, input and output requirements, data scope, usage, formatting, and security requirements.
• Consults/coordinates with programmers to design and develop automated business systems.
• Develops, coordinates, and implements plans to test business and functional processes during system development and quality assurance testing.
• Consults with internal and external customers to obtain additional information during system development and evaluate alternatives.
• Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
• Serves as a liaison between software development team and the external/internal customer.
• Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
• Elicit requirements from external/internal customer using interviews, document analysis, surveys, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
• Tracks and documents changes to functional and business specifications.
• Creates or assists others in the writing of user documentation, instructions, and procedures.
• Monitors and documents post-implementation problems and revision requests.
• Liaison between the business units, technology teams, and support teams.
• Ability to integrate GP products with third-party systems
• Bachelor's degree (BA or BS) or Associated Degree (AA); or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must have a strong communications background and work well with all personality types.
• Experience in telecommunications and data networking is helpful.
• General understanding of Microsoft GP Dynamics and knowledge of how it works with other systems
• At least 2 years experience and proven track record showing ability to integrate GP products with third-party systems
Contact and Miscellaneous Information:
2900 West 10th Street
Sioux Falls, SD 57104
Phone: 605-334-7185 or