This position has primary responsibility for managing the Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) processes for a facility. Promotes EHS awareness with the emphasis on preventing incidents and protecting the environment. Responsible for recognizing and assessing hazards in the work place and recommending corrective measures. Works with plant personnel and Corporate EHS to ensure compliance with applicable regulations (OSHA, EPA, etc.) and implementation of best practices. Manages internal EHS systems and completes required reports and notifications. Conducts EHS training and coaching as necessary. The local EH&S manager has responsibility for all facilities. Create safety awareness participation and recognition programs for all associates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Implement all elements of the WI Safety Improvement Process.
• Facilitate the use of the Safety process for improving safety and environmental performance.
• Ensure EHS systems are implemented and maintained effectively including ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, AIC, and 3E Online and others.
• Responsible for developing and implementing cost reduction and continuous improvement projects.
• Ensure compliance with all EHS related laws and regulations.
• Maintain injury records and post safety related information as required.
• Maintain written programs to ensure they are up to date and follow Corporate models.
• Manage environmental permits and ensure proper completion of records and reports.
• Complete all safety and environmental related testing as required.
• Inspect property, equipment, and work practices for compliance with regulatory and insurance carrier standards.
• Educate employees on the regulatory standards applicable to the facility.
• Instruct all employees on internal EHS policy and procedures.
• Ensure required safety and environmental training has been identified and completed for new and existing employees.
• Oversee and implement Safety training where applicable.
• Ensure completion of ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 related training.
• Ensure all job functions have appropriate risk assessments completed using Safety Failure Modes & Effect Analysis (SFMEA) or Job Safety Analysis (JSA).
• Implement appropriate measures to minimize risk including the use of engineering controls where possible.
• Ensure all necessary personal protective equipment has been identified and is used as required.
• Coordinate all necessary industrial health and audiometric monitoring.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) or Associate's degree (A. A.) and 3 to 5 years of related experience, or equivalent experience and/or training; Five years of related experience; continuing education required (ISO Training, OTJ, Regulatory Training)
• Must exhibit strong leadership and management skills
• Must possess strong organization and record keeping skills
• Must have solid understanding of safety policies and procedures
• Must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of plant personnel
• Able to present material to groups
• Strong MS Office knowledge
• Strong knowledge of environmental, health and safety compliance
If you are interested in this position, please apply with us today.
Angus Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, military status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law.
Contact and Miscellaneous Information:
315 Airport Drive
Watertown, SD 57201
||Manufacturing, Management, QA - Quality Control