Bell Incorporated, located in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, is seeking a Human Resource (HR) Generalist who will perform Human Resource-related duties at the professional level and may carry out responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas: employee recruitment and selection, employee relations, training, labor relations, EHS, affirmative action and employment equity programs.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Conduct recruitment efforts for all non-exempt and non-management level personnel and temporary employees. To include working with appropriate supervisors to define position needs; preparing of job postings; coordinating with advertising, governmental and staffing agencies for ad development and placement; pre-screening of applicants; first level interviewing; reference checking, etc.
• Work closely with outside staffing vendors in requisition and maintenance of temporary employees.
• Conduct new employee orientations and ensures all necessary paperwork is completed and returned in timely fashion. Orientations will consist of facility tours, health and safety instruction, policy orientation, as well as coordination of training plan development.
• Administer various human resources plans and procedures for all company personnel; assist in development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures.
• Maintain affirmative action program, file EEO-1 and VETS-100 report annually; maintain other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
• Assist in evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
• Handle employee relations counseling, grievance complaints and exit interviews.
• Monitor performance evaluation system in overview of performance evaluation documentation, compensation changes, and disciplinary actions. Recommend changes as necessary.
• Administer Worker’s Compensation program to include filing of First Report of Injury, monitoring of employee treatment program, coordinating return to work of injured employees, and record keeping.
• Support HR Manager in various EH&S functions, i.e., maintenance of EHS records and data, audits, testing, etc.
• Maintain and coordinate employee recognition programs.
• Work with HR Staff to plan and coordinate special events.
• Other tasks as assigned.
• Work closely with all managers and team leaders throughout the organization.
• Keep managers and department heads informed of any significant human resource issues in their area.
• Due to nature of the position, will work with almost all employees in the organization, on an occasional or regular basis.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Accessible and responsive to the human resource needs and concerns of management and employees.
• Maintenance of and compliance with personnel-related governmental record keeping and administration.
• Soundness of human resource decisions and policies; compensation, benefits and other programs.
• Ability to maintain the integrity of confidential information.
• Knowledge and understanding of major employment laws (such as Title VII, FLSA, OSHA, etc) and legal selection techniques.
• Knowledge of team building facilitation and ability to understand and deal with team dynamics.
• Skill in non-defensively resolving conflicts between people.
• Skill in conducting behavioral interviews.
• Ability to plan, prioritize and organize work effectively.
• Ability to work effectively under pressure and time deadlines.
• Skill in communicating clearly and understandably.
Education and Experience
• College degree in Human Resources, Industrial Relations or Business Management/ Administration or equivalent.
• 2+ years of Human Resources Generalist experience
TO APPLY: Send resume and application (available at www.bell-inc.com) to:
Human Resource Manager
617 W. Algonquin Street
Sioux Falls, SD 57104
Bell Incorporated is one of the largest and fastest growing independent folding carton companies in North America. We don’t compete by trying to be as big as the folding carton subsidiaries of the huge paper mills. Instead, we invest in the latest converting technology and maintain an entrepreneurial, customer-focused organization. So we can compete with anyone on price without sacrificing the responsive, flexible service that today’s business environment demands.
Bell Incorporated is an Affirmative Action Employer that offers Equal Employment Opportunity to all qualified applicants.
Contact and Miscellaneous Information:
617 W. Algonquin Street
Sioux Falls, SD 57104
Recent Jobs you've looked at: