1. Coordinates an even flow of work for the VP-SC and VP-RS by coordinating the on-going workload and priorities; maintaining calendar and schedules; performing assistance as needed.
a. Ensure that confidentiality is maintained and administrative correspondence is expedited. This includes preparing and typing letters, reports, forms, other materials, and copying of confidential information.
b. Acts as a representative for the VP-SC and VP-RS via reception, telephone, and mail communications in his/her absence of as requested. Refers visitors/phone calls to the appropriate person.
c. Schedules and prepares agendas for various meetings and ensures distribution of appropriate copies. Maintains files of same. Reviews and distributes minutes.
d. Records attendance of staff supervised by VP-SC and VP-RS. Screens leave requests for completion and/or conflicts, coverage, etc. When VP-SC and VP-RS is absent from agency, receives and approves leave requests and timesheets.
e. Reviews for the VP-SC and VP-RS Expense Claim Forms and Purchase Requisitions submitted.
f. Handles in-house and out-going correspondence. Sorts and organizes incoming mail and in-house correspondence for VP-SC and VP-RS on a daily basis.
g. Coordinates Board of Directors Policy Review Committee meetings, sends out policies/procedures to be reviewed, takes minutes, coordinates review for Board of Directors meeting, etc.
2. Research, draft and/or complete on behalf of VP-SC and VP-RS, special projects, reports, and other assigned tasks for review/finalization.
a. Makes travel arrangements (hotel/airline) and provides necessary expense forms/documents/meeting packets.
b. Schedules supervisory meetings as needed/directed by VP-SC and VP-RS. Maintains supervisory meeting task lists.
c. Has overall responsibility for the demographics database being up-to-date and accurate. Follows up with various staff as needed to make sure this is completed.
d. Drafts various reports/letters for review/finalization by VPSC:
1. Department Reports to P/CEO (monthly)
2. Strategic Plan Report (quarterly)
3. SD Achieve Annual Report (annually)
4. SDACBS Big Survey (annually)
e. Reviews all Unusual Incident Reports (UIR's) prior to VP-SC submitting to the Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD) following established procedures and required timelines.
f. Reviews Significant Change Requests for accuracy. Submits to DDD after VP-SC approval. Enters them into funding database. Ensures proper and timely follow through from DDD and SD Achieve.
g. Assists with various reviews (i.e., The Council, DHS/DDD, Spec. Ed., etc.)
h. Compiles/distributes information for Personal Outcome Interviews.
3. Provides assistance/support to Service Coordinators.
a. Arranges various meetings as requested.
b. Sends out correspondence to family members/guardians regarding upcoming meetings.
c. Sets up online access to person served files as requested.
4. Other duties as assigned/requested.
5. Values Enhancement-Integrity
1. Treat people with dignity and respect.
2. Respectfully listen to others and respond honestly.
3. Keep promises and obligations.
4. Act ethically and in full compliance with all rules and regulations.
6. Values Enhancement-Collaborative Relationships
1. Work together to achieve common goals.
2. Communicate effectively and respectfully.
3. Partner with others to achieve more than can be accomplished alone.
4. Foster an enjoyable, fulfilling work environment through a positive attitude and actions.
7. Values Enhancement-Financial Responsibility
1. Use organizational resources wisely.
8. Values Enhancement-Excellence
1. Anticipate opportunities and meet evolving challenges.
2. Develop capabilities (yours and others), welcome new ideas and embrace learning opportunities.
3. Hold self accountable to high performance goals and standards.
Minimum Requirements: HS diploma/GED
Internal Training Requirements: None
Required Certification and/or Licensure: None
Excellent organizational skills, proofreading and grammar skills required. Computer knowledge required, previous experience working with databases, word processing/PowerPoint preferred. Must have overall knowledge of office procedures. Must be well-organized and have demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines.
Contact and Miscellaneous Information:
4100 S Western Ave
Sioux Falls, SD 57105
||Admin & Clerical, Healthcare, Nonprofit - Social Services
||Healthcare / Health Services
Recent Jobs you've looked at: