So you say you are a hardworking, passionate, and highly motivated software developer who loves building (and actually shipping) software. Awesome! Well we're a team of highly skilled software developers who are helping rocket Zuercher Technologies to the front of the Public Safety Software industry by building innovative applications that users actually, you know, enjoy using. So if you're ready to break out of the corporate mold and leave that depressing gray cube behind, maybe we can help. For starters, we're looking for somebody who has all of the following attributes:
* BS / MS / Ph.D. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
* Very strong analytical and coding skills
* Strong knowledge of data structures and algorithms
* Proficient with at least one of the following: C, C++, C#, Python, Ruby, Java
* Proficient with SQL and experience with at least one RDBMS
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Close proximity to our offices in Sioux Falls, SD
* Permanent legal right to work in the U.S
If you’ve got all those, and yes, they are all required, then that's great! You get serious bonus points if you’re also:
* Proficient with C++ (templates, auto-ptrs, etc.)
* Proficient with Python (introspection, metaclasses, decorators, generators, etc.)
* Experienced with Postgres
* Intimately familiar with advanced data structures and algorithms and eager to discuss them
* Involved in the local developer community (Meetup, Code Camp, etc.)
* An avid gamer (video, board, RPG, etc.)
* A beer enthusiast (home brew?)
Does that sound like you? Then please allow us to tell you a little bit about some of the perks of working at Zuercher Technologies. First, the usual stuff:
* Competitive salary
* Retirement plan with matching
* Health and vision insurance
* Paid vacation and holidays
And now for the really good stuff:
* Food! Free catered lunch every day, free snacks, free drinks. You shall not go hungry or lack caffeine!
* Beer Fridays. Need we say more? Tell us what kind you like and we'll try and have it in the fridge for when Friday afternoon rolls around.
* Relaxed and comfortable environment. We wear jeans, t-shirts, and sandals (but not with socks), etc. Prepare to be mocked if you show up in a suit and tie.
* All developer machines have 3 large LCDs, multicore CPUs, SSDs, and lots of RAM. No more waiting around for the compiler. (http://xkcd.com/303/)
* All developers have their own comfortable private offices, complete with a door that closes and fancy chair of preference (we all like Aerons but you can use a bean bag if that's how you roll).
* A practically unlimited Amazon book budget. Need to read a book to learn about that new framework or language? Done.
* We pass the Joel Test, and then some. (http://www.joelonsoftware.com/articles/fog0000000043.html)
Sound good? Well then what are you still doing here? Hurry up and send us an application!
To apply, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please attach a current resume and include a cover letter that explains why you think you’d be a good fit for the company and for this position.
Zuercher Technologies, LLC is a privately held software company dedicated to improving the technology available to public safety professionals. Since 2003, we've been building ledsSuite, a public safety software suite. Now in its seventh version, ledsSuite has expanded to handle computer-aided dispatch, mapping, records management, mobile CAD & RMS, jail management, civil process tracking, financial records management, agency administration, reporting, and countless other tasks.
Contact and Miscellaneous Information:
Zuercher Technologies LLC
5121 S. Solberg Ave Ste 150
Sioux Falls, SD 57108
||Software Development - Programming, Engineering, Technical