Establish, develop and maintain strong and effective working relationships with internal/external customers, prospects, and visitors to the retail office by providing a consistent quality level of service, which is timely, thorough and responsive to customers and exceeds their expectations. Handle daily customer monetary transaction processing needs, and responsible for retail office monetary accounting activities and funds deposit. Provide general administrative support for the Vice President and marketplace team. Work in a team environment to accomplish team goals.
EMPLOYEES SUPERVISED: None.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to:
1. Greet and assist customers, prospects and visitors when contacting the retail office. This includes face-to-face interactions, telephone communications, written correspondence, and electronic communication. Take ownership of each situation until handled to the customer’s satisfaction, which may include involving other team members. Offer assistance and make every effort to take care of customers needs. Administer the office phone system.
Level 14: Consistently cross-sell core products and services and gather data on where customers have other products (i.e. installment loan at local bank) via the telephone and to walk-in traffic as opportunities present themselves. Independently address and resolve difficult customer issues on a regular basis and provide guidance to less experienced CSC’s.
2. Coordinate and handle monetary transaction processing including: remittances, transaction keying, wire transfers, automated payment requests, and loan advance disbursement checks for existing loans.
Level 13: Ability to process less complex monetary transactions independently. Level 14: Ability to process all monetary transactions independently, regardless of complexity and provide guidance to less experienced CSC’s.
3. Balance and post all daily accounting activity, prepare the daily funds deposit, and ensure all funds are forwarded to the appropriate depository bank.
4. Process loan pay-offs, determine and enter the pay-off reasons, and mail Statements of Account to customers, track and file UCC continuation notices in a timely manner.
5. Contact customers to resolve overdrafts and past due’s, involving other team members as needed.
6. Coordinate completion of the following daily activities: • mail pick-up, delivery and distribution; overnight mail processing; • print distribution of daily, weekly and monthly reports; • process of office-related invoices; order customer drafts; • order and maintain office supplies; • coordinate loan file record retention; • maintain internal controls file.
7. Coordinate the process for handling AgDirect loans when received at the retail office and responsible for ongoing communication and monitoring of the “Youth in Agriculture Program” participants.
8. Assist with crop insurance customer mailings as well as scanning and indexing insurance forms.
9. Provide general administrative support for the Vice President and marketplace team, including but not limited to: • Meeting and event logistics coordination, including scheduling location, ordering food, sending out communications, etc. • Assist with direct mail campaigns • Coordinate orders from company store • Assist with coordination of ad placements, press releases, etc.
10. Monitor non-employee (i.e. vendor and customer) access to work areas within the building. Validate vendor identification, work orders, and access requirements prior to allowing access to work areas in the building. Serve as primary liaison for building and facilities vendors; custodian for security keys, drop box keys, etc. Serves as a vendor contact person for office machine service repairs.
Level 14: Independently make decisions and address situations relating to vendors/sales people stopping by, calls from media regarding advertisement placement.
Additional functions of the position may include:
1. Tech Coach - Serve as a technology resource for the retail office team by assisting with minor questions regarding new technology, workstations, software, and printers. Interacts closely with Omaha technical support staff to implement technological changes and enhancements. Inform technical support staff of common issues/problems. Perform assigned procedures to backup the office server and serves as a primary liaison for on-site vendors (Dell, QMS, Qwest, Etc.) as coordinated through Corporate IS Team.
2. Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Champion: Create desire for CRM by the marketplace team. Is an advocate of customer relationship management. Sell the benefits of CRM and embrace the sharing of information. Act as a teacher and coach and share ideas. Perform other related duties as assigned.
3. Monitor and maintain shared retail team mailbox and team channels in Relationship software.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS: Level 13: Two-year college degree preferred and/or a combination specialized training and experience that provides the necessary skills and knowledge to satisfactorily perform the essential job function. Up to two years related experience required with experience in customer service and monetary transaction processing preferred.
Level 14: Two-year college degree preferred and/or a combination specialized training and experience that provides the necessary skills and knowledge to satisfactorily perform the essential job function. Two to four years related experience required with experience in customer service and monetary transaction processing. Demonstrated ability to consistently perform additional functions as outlined above. Must perform duties as outlined above for Level 14.
Duties for all levels require:
• A broad working knowledge of Farm Credit Services of America (FCSAmerica) processes. • Fundamental understanding and working knowledge of credit extension and administration processes. • Fundamental knowledge of FCSAmerica core products and services. • Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and direction. • Ability to appropriately handle highly confidential materials. • Very high level of accuracy and attention to detail. • Excellent human relations skills. • Strong oral and written communication skills. • Ability to work effectively in a team environment and effectively demonstrate team building attitude and skills. • Effective conflict resolution skills. • Ability to initiate, organize, and prioritize work. • Ability to assist in cross-selling core products and services and promote customer use of Account Access. • Knowledge of Association credit policies, procedures, standards, and guidelines beneficial, but not required. • Proficient in Windows environment using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Internet Explorer.
INTERNAL/EXTERNAL CONTACTS: Extensive contact with customers and retail team members. Regular contact with marketplace team and Omaha teams.
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: • Ability to operate a telephone, fax machine, copier, calculator, and a computer proficiently. • Ability to hear telephone conversation and face-to-face conversation to serve customers and to give and receive information from staff, vendors, outside consultants, and the public. • Provides sound technical advice to clients and potential clients in the subject field (s) related to this position. • Understands and explains various subject matter and consulting concepts, programs, terminology, and methods. • Ability to reason, judge, compare, calculate, evaluate, decide, and critique such information as written material, numerical data, responses to customer needs and/or other related work activities. • Ability to complete work in acceptable timeframe and manage a variety of detailed tasks and responsibilities simultaneously and with accuracy to meet deadlines, goals, and objectives and satisfy internal and external customer needs related to the job. • Ability to use computer. This involves reading the screen and keying/typing information. • Ability to move about the office with occasional lifting, reaching and bending. • Sits for long periods of time to accomplish work at desk.
Requirements of the job include the ability to do the work, with or without reasonable accommodations. It is the Association's policy to make reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. Leadership retains the right to add, subtract or change duties of the position at any time.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than "at will" employment relationship.
Contact and Miscellaneous Information:
Farm Credit Services of America
||Customer Service, Finance, Agricultural / Farming
||Banking / Financial Services