SDN Communications is looking to hire a Jr. Systems Engineer. Competitive pay and excellent benefits. Please see job description below. Qualified candidates please send resume by clicking the Apply Now Button.
• Install all new hardware, systems, and software for networks.
• Install, configure, maintain network services, equipment and devices.
• Network administration duties, network operating systems updates (i.e. service packs), performance, functionality, and security patches, and server hardware upgrades.
• Perform troubleshooting analysis of servers, workstations and associated systems.
• Documents all system work including for future reference including: customer interaction, analysis, and resolution.
• Associates degree (A. S.) from two-year college or technical school; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Requires a thorough knowledge of networking essentials.
• Knowledge of Microsoft NT/2000 server, Novell Netware, Redhat, Linux, etc. A systems engineer should also be familiar with server technologies such as RAID, N+1 power supplies, server architectures, UPS's, LANs, backup software, Cisco Unified Communications, and disaster recovery. An individual should have a knowledge of Microsoft Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio, and Word software.
• Certification in A+ and MCTS a plus but are not required for this position. Further pursuit of certifications should be focused on including Network +, I-Net +, Server +, Compaq ASE, CCNA, CCDA, CCA, etc.
• Position entails considerable amount of travel. Must be flexible with respect to traveling requirements.
Contact and Miscellaneous Information:
2900 West 10th Street
Sioux Falls, SD 57104
Phone: 605-334-7185 or
Recent Jobs you've looked at: