Manages an operations and/or customer service area.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Manages and directs the reconciliation and collection activities of staff responsible for cash application and receivables due from agents and brokers. Has the responsibility for the performance and development of subordinate staff in accordance with corporate strategic direction.
2. Assigns, distributes and coordinates work of the team with other teams ensuring consistent, efficient and timely delivery of service while ensuring compliance to company and industry regulations, policies and guidelines. Improves the efficiency and effectiveness of the organization by reviewing and analyzing workflows and procedures within the department.
3. Develops and uses work management tools to facilitate efficient processes and to conduct performance/quality reviews of staff and service delivery.
4. Develops and maintains relationships and resolves operational and procedural difficulties/issues with management, work teams and customers as necessary. Liaison with other business areas to build cohesive work relationships and encourage the exchange of ideas/potential workflow enhancements/modifications.
5. Represents the team in meetings with management and provides input for management decision making.
6. Participates in the development of team budget and ensures operation within budget.
7. Prepares and distributes management reports (i.e. production/quality).
May perform additional duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
1. Strong client and team interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to motivate others.
2. Industry and company knowledge as well as strong knowledge of the essential functions performed by the team.
3. Ability to exercise professional judgement and assume responsibility for decisions which have an impact on people, costs and quality of service.
4. Familiarity with the concepts and practices of staff management.
5. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to convey technical issues in a clear, concise and effective manner.
6. Excellent organizational and analytical skills including ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple projects.
7. Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office suite and other business related software systems.
Education & Experience
1. Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience and completion of applicable insurance courses.
2. A minimum of four years experience in a specific function or field of expertise along with management experience.
Contact and Miscellaneous Information:
101 S. Reid Street
Sioux Falls, SD 57103
||Insurance, Management, Project Management
Recent Jobs you've looked at: