Salary: $13.00-$15.00 hourly DOE
This position is responsible for organizing and coordinating office operations, clerical procedures, and
basic bookkeeping for a family owned business in Sioux Falls.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & PERFORMANCE STANDARDS
Assistant to the Administrator: 30% of duties
* Performs a variety of general clerical duties, including handling incoming and outgoing
correspondence, including multiple telephone lines, mail, faxes and email.
* Screens and responds to routine emails and phone calls on behalf of the Administrator.
* Arranges travel as needed.
* Prepares memos, letters and other documents, using word processing, spreadsheet, database,
or presentation software. Types rough and final drafts of correspondence and reports,
procedure manuals, newsletters, educational lecture material, and other various documents.
* Researches, analyzes, and compiles information for special projects as assigned.
* Maintains document scanning and electronic filing system for all company records,
correspondence, invoices, etc.
* Interacts with advertisers including giveaway creation and coordination. Screens potential
advertisers and presents information to the administrator.
* Assists Administrator with various projects as needed.
Accounting Support: 15% of duties
* Prepares purchase orders and completes ordering of inventory and supplies.
* Reconciles and pays invoices.
* Performs basic bookkeeping duties including maintaining accurate records for all company
* Assists with tax documents and record preparation.
* Processes payroll utilizing an online payroll service. Routinely audits payroll records to identify
Wholesale Program Coordination: 15% of duties
* Processes incoming wholesale account applications.
* Processes incoming wholesale orders.
* Maintains responsibility for accounts receivable including invoicing wholesale customers,
receiving payments, reconciling accounts, and sending collections letters.
Support Customer Support and Warehouse Departments: 10% of duties
* Responds to requests for information from Customer Service and the Warehouse in a timely
* Provides excellent customer service in person and over the phone with end-user customers,
* Prints documents and labels for the production department.
* Assist with inventory document preparation.
* Assists the Customer Service Manager and Warehouse Manager with various projects as needed.
Affiliate Program Coordination: 5% of duties
* Processes and renews affiliate applications and renews applications. Maintains renewal tracking
* Interacts with affiliates by answering questions and routine troubleshooting.
* Prepares checks for affiliate payments each month.
Office Maintenance: 5% of duties
* Maintains a neat and clean work area.
* Maintains an adequate supply of all routine office supplies.
* Education: Minimum high school diploma. College preferred.
* Experience: 2-3 years general office experience. 2-3 years experience with A/P, A/R, and payroll.
Job Related Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
o Must be able to pass a background check.
o Must be able to use office equipment such as copiers, fax machines, scanners, etc.
o Knowledge of accounting software, accounting principles and procedures required.
o Ability to use a computer effectively including but not limited to email, internet, and
intermediate to advanced working knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, Publisher, and Outlook.
o Ability to use a multi-line phone system.
o Excellent keyboarding skills and accurate data entry.
o Expert level written and verbal communication skills, strong decision making ability and
attention to detail.
o Excellent proof-reading/copy-editing skills.
o Must have the ability able to work independently with little or no supervision. Must be
exceedingly well organized, flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges of
supporting a small office business. Must have the ability to multi-task, maintain
accuracy, meet deadlines, and manage competing priorities including urgent needs in a
o Must have the ability to work quickly while maintaining accuracy.
o Must have the ability to interact with various customers (primarily internal) in a fast
paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive,
resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
o Must have the ability to accurately interpret written documents.
o Willingness to serve as a positive and professional role model.
o Excellent customer service skills (internal and external customers).
Professionalism: Approaches others in a polite and tactful manner; maintains composure and
reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration; accepts responsibility
for own actions; follows through on commitments.
Customer/Client Focused: Provides service excellence to internal and/or external customers
and clients. Looks for ways to add value beyond customers’ immediate requests.
Attendance: Adheres to designated work schedule and complies with attendance and leave
policies. Dependable to be available for work and to fulfill position responsibilities. Reports to
work on time, communicates schedule changes promptly and schedules time off in advance.
Initiative: Exhibits leadership, is resourceful and willing to do more than the minimum, strives to
attain and achieve goals, and seeks additional responsibility. Fosters team cooperation and
looks for creative approaches to providing or improving services.
Quality of Work: Produces work with accuracy, completeness and neatness. Tasks are
completed with a minimum of errors. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality. Monitors
own work to ensure quality and applies feedback to improve performance.
Quantity of Work: Produces work at a satisfactory rate. Maintains a level of production that is
sufficient to accomplish assigned duties.
Problem Solving: Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner as well as skillfully gather
and analyze information.
Judgment: Display willingness to make decisions; exhibit sound and accurate judgment; and
make timely decisions.
Adaptability: Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands;
changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with occasional change,
delays, or unexpected events.
Accountability: Ability to establish mutual agreements that result in clear responsibility, taking
personal action to accomplish an agreed result and assuming personal responsibility for the
results of behavior and actions.
Integrity: Actions are consistent with ethical values. Honest in communication and actions.
Diversity: Honors the uniqueness of each individual, challenges stereotypes and promotes
sensitivity and inclusion. Functions effectively and respectfully within the context of varying
cultural beliefs, behaviors and backgrounds.
Respect: Demonstrates consideration and appreciation for colleagues, clients and customers.
Approaches others in a polite and tactful manner; maintains composure and reacts well under
pressure; treats others with respect and consideration; accepts responsibility for own actions;
follows through on commitments.
Teamwork & Collaboration: Works cooperatively and productively with others to achieve
Communication: Demonstrates the ability to convey thoughts and ideas as well as understand
perspective of others.
Work duties require the majority of duties to be conducted at the CFH warehouse. May need to travel to
various sites for a variety of meetings or to pick up resources from vendors, etc. Warehouse
temperatures may vary significantly with seasonal changes. Day shift, Monday-Friday. Occasional
evening, weekend, and holiday work may be required.
PHYSCIAL DEMANDS & EQUIPMENT USAGE
This position requires individual to be able to sit or stand for up to 4 hours at a time. Must be able to
bend, stoop, and climb stairs. Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and
occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Must be able to use a keyboard. Requires frequent
* Hours: Full time, 40 hours per week, 9 am to 5:30 pm, Monday through Friday.
* Wage: Dependent on experience.
* Vacation/Sick Time: 80 hours per year Personal Time Off (based on 1.0 FTE).
* Holidays: 4 paid holidays each year.
* Other Benefits: Not available at this time.
Contact and Miscellaneous Information:
Cultures for Health
807 N. Helen Avenue
Sioux Falls, SD 57104
||Admin & Clerical, Accounting