Floral Designer - Full Time
Hiring at following locations:
• S. Louise
1. Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by exhibiting caring, concern and
patience in all customer interactions and treating customers as the most important people in the
2. Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the
employee’s designated department or elsewhere in the store.
3. Makes an effort to learn customers’ names and to address them by name whenever possible.
4. Assists customers by: (examples include)
• escorting them to the products they’re looking for
• securing products that are out of reach
• loading or unloading heavy items
• making note of and passing along customer suggestions or requests
• performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the shopping experience.
5. Answers the telephone promptly and provides friendly, helpful service to customers who call.
6. Works with co-workers as a team to ensure customer satisfaction and a pleasant work
7. Cleans, processes, and cuts flowers appropriately.
8. Responsible for department in absence of Manager, or Assistant Manager.
9. Understands and processes FTD, interstore, and Teleflora orders.
10. Inventories product, evaluates status, cares for damaged product, and replaces where
11. Fills customer orders completely and creates floral arrangements at their request, all in a timely
12. Ensures floral products are fresh in the shop and throughout the store.
13. Cleans the floral area.
14. Takes special requests for product either in person or over the telephone.
15. Counsels customers regarding plants and floral care.
16. Identifies key areas to place specials within the store.
17. Operates as a lead with the floral clerks, (e.g. trains and simple designs and how to take
telephone orders, etc.).
18. Orders flowers and supplies daily or as needed with the direction of the Floral Manager.
19. Works with customer issues and product problems.
20. Understands the basics of floral products, care and handling, plant and flower identification, and
can explain products requirements to customers.
21. Unloads trucks, places product in appropriate storage area, and replenishes merchandise.
22. Wraps flowers and is careful not to damage.
23. Adheres to company policies and individual store guidelines.
24. Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
* Must have the ability to follow written, verbal, and diagrammatic instructions; several concrete
* Must be able to do arithmetic calculations involving fractions, decimals, and percentages.
* Must be able to interpret written work instructions, copy data from one record to another; interview to
obtain basic information; guide people and provide basic direction.
* Must be able to physically perform medium work: exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and
20 pounds of force frequently.
* Visual requirements include vision from less than 20 inches to more than 20 feet with or without
correction, depth perception, color vision, and field of vision.
* Must be able to perform the following physical activities: Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling,
crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing,
and repetitive motions.
High School or equivalent experience
Three years of similar or related work experience.
Contact and Miscellaneous Information:
Sioux Falls, SD 57106
||Grocery, Retail, Design