Engineering/Technical Services Manager
Department: Reports to:
Watertown, South Dakota
Persona is searching for a confident, independent self-starter who has a strong interest in the development of people and the organization. As a leader, we need competitive drive, initiative, a sense of urgency, decisiveness and the ability to undertake risks and assume responsibility for a team of talented technical folks.
Plans, organizes and directs technical staff to meet company objectives for design, assisting in new product development and improvement of existing product lines by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
- Oversees key projects, processes and performance reports, data and analysis. Plans documentation system.
- Selects, develops, trains and supervises staff.
- Selects correct design concepts and fundamental technology used for new products or improvement for existing ones.
- Reviews and analyzes proposals submitted to determine if benefits derived and possible applications justify expenditures.
- Approves and submits proposals considered feasible to ownership for consideration and allocation of funds or allocates funds from department budget.
- Working with the Manufacturing, Operations and Quality Manager; reviews and monitors quality and process improvements and new product development.
- Budgets for technical departments; including staff utilization, technology, facility and equipment requirements or improvements.
- Manages and directs Engineers, Engineering Technicians, Cost estimators, Graphics Artists.
- Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of departments.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsible for employee issues such as safety, planning, assigning, and directing work; interviewing, training, appraising performance for employees; rewarding/disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent manufacturing work experience preferred.
- 3+ years of Leadership/Management experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of Lean Principles
- Knowledge with Engineering preferred
- Knowledge with CAD drafting programs such as Creo/ProE preferred
- Communication Skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Oral and Written Communications Skills
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Typical Days and hours worked are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
This position will require an employee to be able to be sedentary for long periods of time in an environment with the noise level of an average office.