Persona, Inc. is hiring a Lead Mechanical Engineer for our Watertown, SD location. The right candidate will be highly precise, have a strong attention to detail, be analytical and efficient. Persona, Inc. will provide full training, and will provide strong leadership that will reward your loyalty and accuracy.
TITLE OF POSITION: Lead Mechanical Engineer
REPORTS TO: VP of Engineering
JOB PURPOSE: To design mechanical and electromechanical products and systems by developing and testing specifications and methods.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Evaluates mechanical and electromechanical systems and products by designing and conducting research programs; applying principles of mechanics, thermodynamics, hydraulics, heat transfer and materials.
2. Confirms system and product capabilities by designing feasibility and testing methods; testing properties
3. Develops mechanical and electromechanical products by studying customer requirements; researching and testing manufacturing and assembly methods and materials; soliciting observations from operators.
4. Develops manufacturing processes by designing and modifying equipment for fabricating, building, assembling and installing components.
5. Assures system and product quality by designing testing methods; testing finished product and system capabilities; confirming fabrication, assembly and installation processes
6. Prepares product reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends
7. Provides engineering information by answering questions and requests.
8. Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations
9. Keeps equipment operations by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer’s instructions and established procedures; requesting special services
10. Maintains system and product database by writing computer programs and entering data
11. Completes projects by training and guiding technicians
12. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educations workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
13. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or other management as required. Persona, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
To apply, send a completed application to Persona. Choose Microsoft Word format (to print or complete online) or PDF format (to print and mail or fax back). Forms can be e-mailed, faxed, or sent by mail.