NASCENTechnology, a progressive, growing company, is now looking for someone to be our new Technical Sales Representative. This is a position that requires an assertive problem solver who loves a fast paced environment, is competetive and is not afraid to stand by their decisions. If you are an aggressive, competitive person who constantly strives to be the best, we want to talk to you. We need a take charge person who is not afraid to drive their company to be number one.
Title: Technical Sales Specialist
Department: NASCENTechnology Manufacturing, Inc., Watertown, SD
Reports to: VP/GM NASCENTechnology
The Technical Sales Specialist is essentially a liaison between the NASCENT product engineering team and customers. He/she will communicate the benefits of NASCENT’S magnetic component products or the development of new products to high reliability miniature power circuit applications. The key to this process is understanding where and how NASCENT’s cutting edge multilayer ferrite transformer and inductor technology can make customer’s products better. This position works both directly with customers and with an outside representative and sales distribution organization to bring in, assess, and close leads for business growth. This position also works with management to establish plans and strategies to expand the customer base in targeted high tech marketing areas and contributes to the development of training and educational programs for the rep organization and customer clients. Domestic travel to key customers and representatives to insure profitable sales growth goals are met is a requirement.
- Travels as necessary to develop and maintain customer relationships.
- Develops a product and technology communication strategy for target markets that helps ensure attainment of company sales goals and profitability.
- Gathers customer performance requirements and assists design engineering in developing optimized price and performance plans for High Reliability magnetic component products.
- Provides input into forecasts for sales of existing designs and for paid development and R&D projects.
- Provides recommendations and market forecast justification for development of new products.
- Responsible for the development, performance, and evaluation of NASCENTechnology sales reps.
- Initiates and coordinates implementation of marketing plans to penetrate new and existing markets.
- Provides timely feedback to senior management regarding performance against plans.
- Maintains accurate records of all quotes, samples, sales, and activity reports.
- Creates and conducts proposal presentations and RFQ responses.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the sales team.
- Adheres specifically to ITAR regulations with respect to controlling export controlled information dissemination and parts to qualified customers only.
- A four year degree in an engineering, technology, or science related field with a demonstrated ability to learn and communicate new technical topics.
- An ability to learn and effectively communicate power electronics concepts.
- An ability to understand market dynamics and requirements for high reliability markets such as military, energy exploration, portable power, and implantable medical devices.
- Above average technical writing skills.
- A demonstrated ability to lead and persuade others to follow.
- Willingness to travel and work in a team comprised of technical professionals and sales representatives.
- An ability to use Microsoft Office software products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and to learn and use Contact Resource Management software such as Salesforce.
- A competitive, high results-driven attitude.