- The role of the Driver Manager is to provide front line leadership by acting as the liaison between drivers, dispatchers, customers and management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure driver success through relationship building and effective and prompt communication.
- Identify and communicate factors as they relate to freight movement, driver recruitment, on-boarding and retention.
- Tracking driver availability, managing home time, time off or vacation requests and keeping appropriate software updated and personnel informed to achieve maximum productivity.
- Tracking, recording and reporting drivers' performance from dispatch to delivery to ensure on-time service.
- Working closely with other departments to ensure accuracy, profitability, and compliance with internal and external policies and procedures.
- Maintain positive customer, driver and carrier relations.
- And any other duties assigned to meet the vision, fulfill the mission and abide by the values of the organization.