The Prairie Family Business Association (PFBA) is a key outreach center of the University of South Dakota Beacom School of Business (BSB), focusing on serving family businesses and their advisors in South Dakota and the Midwest (http://fambus.org). Its mission is to "Build relationships and offer quality educational programs that promote successful businesses and healthy families!" The BSB and PFBA is currently seeking applicants for the position of Program Assistant I. This position will be located in Sioux Falls.
Qualifications: Good communication and human relations skills are essential. Solid computer skills with an emphasis on databases, spreadsheet, word processing, website editing and social media are required. The individual in this position should be able to multi-task, be detail-oriented, have excellent organization skills and have outstanding customer service.
This position will be responsible for:
- Facilitating communication with PFBA constituents through development of marketing materials in both written and electronic means, including but not limited to managing PFBA social media efforts, website maintenance, writing newsletters, and preparing award presentation materials;
- Database management, including maintaining membership, sponsorship, and programming database; developing monthly and annual reports;
- Office operations, including greeting constituents in person, on the phone and via email with outstanding customer service, preparing and tracking invoices, contracts, reimbursements, membership dues, and other monetary transactions;
- Event planning, assisting the Executive Director with PFBA programming and events, including but not limited to selecting venues, logistic arrangements, arranging travel for staff and presenters, and managing the local awards program.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Successful candidates will demonstrate skills in establishing and maintaining effective support and working relationship with a variety of public and private partners.
All candidates for this position must apply online at https://yourfuture.sdbor.edu. For application assistance or accommodation, call 605-677-5671.
The University of South Dakota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, and students. Diversity and inclusiveness are values that are embraced and practiced at the University of South Dakota. Candidates who support these values are encouraged to apply.
For more information about the PFBA, please visit: http://fambus.org.