Your future is bright at Midco, the leading provider of Internet and Ethernet, cable TV, phone, home automation and advertising services in the Upper Midwest. More than 300,000 residential and business customers count on Midco services in 335 communities in Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota and Wisconsin. Midco is investing in more advanced gigabit Internet technology, which will be delivered to most customers by the end of 2017.
Lead, develop and directly supervise telecommunications analytics staff. Provide oversight of Midco’s telephony products in the areas of call mediation, fraud and long distance & toll free cost management. Support the legal team to ensure that all company regulatory requirements are in compliance with federal, state and local laws.
• Coach team members on best practices to promote career development, critical thinking and customer satisfaction.
• Provide timely performance feedback and coaching; including but not limited to: annual reviews and management of disciplinary and performance issues.
• Manage all regulatory review, monitoring, and communication of telecommunications service updates and changes.
• Cultivate productive working relationships with government officials and interface with these contacts regularly regarding regulatory issues.
• Interface with other carriers and assist in the negotiation and implementation of interconnection agreements to support Midco’s phone product.
• Monitor current information on issues regarding regulatory, operations and general telecommunications matters that impact Midco.
• Provide oversight of analytical staff in the area of carrier access billing, least cost routing, mediation & fraud control management
• Ensure compliance with all regulatory rules applicable to Midco. Consult Midco’s legal team, if necessary.
• Work productively with legal counsel regarding tariffs and telecommunications schedules and reports.
• Interface with various regulatory bodies concerning customer complaint issues; report on these matters as required by both regulators and by the company.
• Communicate with management clearly and regularly regarding any issues or developments.
• Review tariffs, vendor proposals, and other cost changes that may affect telecommunications products.
• Possess a comprehensive understanding of the telecommunications industry and its practices.
• Adhere to Midco privacy guidelines to ensure each customer’s privacy.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Effectively communicate with other departments to handle any escalating issues in a timely manner.
• Function as an effective team member while supporting the efforts and concepts of other departments.
• Support the mission, vision, and values of Midco.
• Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility and confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
• Possess an enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, and detail-oriented approach towards work and all work projects.
• Possess strong problem solving and decision making skills while using good judgment.
• Multi-task and change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
• Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
• Identify opportunities for improvement while creating and implementing viable solutions
• Actively follow Midco policies and procedures.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Maintain regular attendance as required by your position.
Note: Management reserves the right to assign or reassign functions and responsibilities to this job description at any time.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
• Bachelor’s Degree required. Focus in Governmental Affairs, Communications, or Business preferred.
• Two years previous experience within the telecommunications industry preferred.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or carry loads of up to 30 lbs.
• The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
• Employees may be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week and other than normal business hours, such as holidays, evenings and weekends as business demands.
Midcontinent Communications is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. M/F/D/V