Midco has been blazing trails since 1931, bringing innovation to the world of telecommunications and delighting customers with exceptional service. Through ambition, imagination and a genuine commitment to each other, Midco proudly serves more than 385,000 residential and business customers in 342 communities in Kansas, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. We're also dedicated to making our communities better places to live, work and play. Ready to work at Midco? We thought so. Here are a few more reasons why Midco is one of the best places to work:
- Free and discounted Midco services
- Tuition reimbursement
- Support of employee involvement in the communities we serve
- Employee referral program
- Wellness programs
Visit MidcoCareers.com to learn about employment opportunities and apply today. JOB PURPOSE:
Customize, extend, develop, maintain and test Software systems, Web applications and databases within Microsoft .NET, ServiceNow, Microsoft Dynamics CRM and Microsoft Dynamics GP environment. KEY FUNCTIONS:
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with ServiceNow Administrators, Business users and Developers on projects and tasks to configure and develop core and custom solutions using the ServiceNow platform.
- Design and implement software solutions that support short and long term needs for various Midco's departments. This includes, but is not limited to: reviewing and developing software systems, programming languages, data communication processes and user interface devices.
- Provide recommendations and implement solutions to fulfill system needs.
- Write, test, and maintain software programs and database models. This includes, but is not limited to: Producing definitions, process flow documentation, rules and instructions, definitions of database schemas, and error message arrangements.
- Write original program code based on defined specifications and be able to test and modify program codes to correct errors or enhance an existing program's capability.
- Work with internal customers to understand and effectively meet their IT needs.
- Possess up-to-date knowledge of the Service Provider industry and demonstrate the ability to apply technology solutions to address industry challenges.
- Provide comprehensive support to internal customers; achieve resolution to outstanding problems or issues.
- Compile timely, comprehensive, and accurate documentation and or reports as requested.
- Possess an in-depth knowledge of IT systems and computer programming, and be able to resolve complex problems and requests.
- Be ready, willing, and able to travel.
- Possess up-to-date knowledge of technological developments in the industry.
- Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external customers.
- Adhere to Midco's privacy guidelines to ensure each customer's privacy.
- Maintain regular attendance as required by your position.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Function as an effective team member while supporting the efforts and concepts of other departments.
- Support the mission, vision, and values of Midco.
- Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility and confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
- Possess an enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, and detail-oriented approach towards work and all work projects.
- Possess strong problem solving and decision making skills while using good judgment.
- Multi-task and change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
- Identify opportunities for improvement while creating and implementing viable solutions
- Actively follow Midco policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Associate's Degree or equivalent experience required. Focus in Information Technology preferred.
- Minimum of two years programming experience in C# and ASP.NET required.
- 1-2 years of active experience working on the ServiceNow platform is preferred.
- Minimum of two years development experience in SQL Server or T-SQL is required.
- Experience in Enterprise Architecture, Agile Development is preferred.
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM experience preferred.
- Microsoft Dynamics GP experience preferred.
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or carry loads of up to 35 lbs.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
- Employees may be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week and other than normal business hours, such as holidays, evenings and weekends as business demands.
Midco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here .
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)