Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for forecasting stock levels and placing inventory orders
- Responsible for communicating with vendors on pricing
- Report damage and defective claims to vendors
- Post inventory when received
- Approve freight invoices
- Work daily shipped journal for transfer add-ons
- Analyze data to arrange transfer of product to other warehouses
- Track PO’s and update arrival dates in the system
- Communicate with freight forwarder
- Arrange wire transfer details
- Approve invoices as needed
- Communication with warehouse managers
- Solve quality problems with vendors
- Answer questions for customer service and warehouses
- Quote custom products with vendors
- Other duties as assigned
Traits and Characteristics
- Ability to multi-task and complete diverse tasks simultaneously while exercising good time management skills.
- Ability to work in a goal oriented team environment, work independently and be a self-starter.
- Ability to work under time constraints while meeting productivity, accuracy and service related performance standards.
- Must be able to effectively communicate, verbal and written, with both internal and external customers.
- Must have good negotiation skills, be service oriented with demonstrated interpersonal skills and teamwork.
- Strong attention to detail.
• High School diploma
• Minimum of two years purchasing related experience, knowledge, skills and abilities, or one year experience working at JDS Industries.
• Purchasing/Logistics experience preferred