Habitat for Humanity of Greater Sioux Falls
Community Engagement Director
The individual in this position develops, coordinates, and directs marketing and engagement activities for all areas of service at Habitat for Humanity of Greater Sioux Falls. The successful applicant will drive all marketing efforts including the website, social media platforms, and electronic and print communications. This position will be responsible for working with staff and community members to manage an array of special events for Habitat. This position also works with the Executive Director to develop and analyze a year-round communication plan for resource development.
- Align the marketing and advertising activities with the overall goals of the organization
- Create and lead a strategic marketing plan that includes print and digital media
- Work with community partners to help facilitate third-party fundraisers and events that advocate for affordable housing
- Assist the Executive Director in the creation and maintenance of annual fundraising materials
- Assist the Executive Director in the development and implementation of plans to increase revenue from annual fundraising campaigns
- Present to community groups in a variety of situations and formats
- Serve as the primary point of contact for media requests and news releases
- Assist the Executive Director in engaging community organizations and presenting opportunities for them to participate in the fulfillment of Habitat’s Mission
- Create and distribute the Affiliate Annual Report
- Oversee and direct the maintenance of the Affiliate website and all social media
- Lead and direct Habitat’s annual signature fundraiser as well as other events throughout the year
- Serve as the team liaison to the Fund Development Committee and facilitate monthly meetings while engaging members in the Habitat’s fundraising efforts
- Coordinate the design, writing and dissemination of print and digital materials for Affiliate fundraising campaigns
- Manage and coordinate the dedication events for the Affiliate
- Create content that supports sponsorship, fundraising, education, and awareness
- Serve as spokesperson for the Affiliate in the absence of the Executive Director.
- Perform other duties as requested or needed.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. E.O.E
This person reports to the Executive Director and responds to requests from the Board of Directors and staff members. This person works in a team atmosphere of mutual respect and cooperation with all staff and volunteers.