Are you friendly and hard-working? Ready to try a new role with a startup venture? Seeking an opportunity that helps solve issues of hunger in our community? Looking for a four-day work week?
As the Eat Well Sioux Falls Mobile Market Customer Service Associate you will be responsible for managing sales and the experiences of customers and volunteers at several mobile grocery locations across Sioux Falls. You'll work directly with the Mobile Market Manager to provide a service that is making a difference for individuals and families living and working in local food deserts. Learn more about the project at http://www.eatwellsf.org/.
• Set-up site for Mobile Market sales day (price labeling, handouts, and stocking of Mobile Market)
• Manage Mobile Market customer relations via in-person contacts
• Manage site financial reporting, handle card payments, and maintain equipment (EBT machine)
• Communicate regularly with Mobile Market Manager regarding site issues, inventory concerns, and site/volunteer needs
• Communicate with Mobile Market site volunteers to ensure clarity of expectations, and positive volunteer experiences
• Maintain Mobile Market facilities, including general cleaning, rearranging furniture, removing garbage and replacing used materials
• Meet with Mobile Market Manager on a regular schedule
• Suggest location-specific promotional ideas and collaborate with Mobile Market Manager to organize special events
PERSONAL QUALITIES, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
To perform the job successfully, the Customer Service Associate should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Excellent standards of written and oral English. A second language preferred but not required.
• Ability to deal with customer inquiries pleasantly and efficiently.
• Experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, and email.
• Organizational skills and the ability to work without supervision.
• Motivation, enthusiasm, and commitment.
• Ability to lift 40 pounds.
• Ability to drive the Eat Well Sioux Falls Mobile Market truck and trailer
Working schedule will be a 4-day work week, Monday to Thursday, 8 am to 6:30 pm.
This position requires driving an Eat Well Sioux Falls Mobile Market vehicle or a personal vehicle on behalf of the Mobile Market; therefore, the incumbent must successfully complete a motor vehicle history check, possess and maintain a current, valid driver's license in their state of residence, be determined to be position qualified and self-report convictions.
Instructions for submitting a Motor Vehicle Check: Please obtain your official/certified driving history from the issuing state's DMV for the past 36 months. In South Dakota, the request form is available online: https://dps.sd.gov/application/files/6616/6396/7460/PersonalMVR2022.pdf. Either email the completed driving history to email@example.com or submit a hard copy to: Sioux Falls Thrive, 2104 S Summit Ave #237, Sioux Falls, SD 57105.
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check.
Sioux Falls Thrive and the Eat Well Sioux Falls Mobile Market provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.