Direct Support Professional – CHOICES
Community * Hope * Opportunity * Independence * Careers * Empowerment * Success
Are you looking for a meaningful career? Do you want to make a difference in the lives of individuals with disabilities? If you answered yes, you should apply for a Direct Support Professional with Volunteers of America, Dakotas CHOICES program AND become eligible for a $300 hiring bonus!
We are looking for individuals for full time, part time and relief positions in our residential, educational and vocational settings. We have a variety of schedules available; days, evenings, weekends and overnights. Schedules available; 7am – 3pm, 3pm – 11pm and 11pm – 7am.
Requirements: High School Diploma or GED, valid driver’s license with a good driving record, must be 18 years of age or older. Ability to communicate effectively (verbally and written) with both internal staff and community partners.
Primary responsibilities for a Direct Support Professional:
- Provides quality care, and support for individuals with disabilities in their daily activities, including hygiene, preparing meals and transportation.
- Provide support in their personal goals; educational or employment related.
- Transport and assist individuals with activities in the community (employment, shopping, recreation, sports, movies etc).
- Follow individual support plans and document daily.
In addition to finding a meaningful career in making a difference in the lives of individuals with disabilities, these benefits may be available to you:
- Shift Differential for weekend shifts between Friday 3pm – Monday 7am
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Sick & Vacation leave
- Flexible schedules
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending & Health Savings Account
- Employer paid Life Insurance & Long Term Disability Plan
- Employee Assistance Program (5 FREE sessions)
Volunteers of America, Dakotas is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other protected status, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.