Family Crisis Intervention Specialist – Family Crisis Intervention Program
Do you have a passion to help youth aged 10-17 and their parents for the purpose of runaway prevention? If you answered yes, you should apply for a Family Crisis Intervention Specialist with Volunteers of America, Dakotas Family Crisis Intervention program AND become eligible for a $500 Hiring Bonus. Our Family Crisis Intervention program is a program to assist families resolve conflicts before they become major issues.
Family Crisis Intervention Specialist is a relief position with an on-call schedule, including weekends and holidays, evenings and overnight shifts.
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in counseling, social work or related field. Minimum of one year of related experience.
Primary responsibilities for a Family Crisis Intervention Specialist:
- Provide phone and onsite crisis intervention and mediation services.
- Respond to the need for assistance in disputes involving youth and their families in tandem with law enforcement or referring community partners.
- Make referrals for support services, when appropriate by assessing safety and immediate needs for youth and families.
In addition to finding a meaningful career in making a difference in the lives of individuals going through a difficult time, these benefits may be available to you:
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Sick & Vacation leave
- Flexible Schedules
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending & Health Savings Account
- Employer paid Life Insurance & Long Term Disability Plan
- Employee Assistance Program (5 FREE sessions)
Volunteers of America, Dakotas is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other protected status, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.