**New wage package available now!!**
Is responsible for performing all equipment/truck maintenance operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Obey all safety rules and work in a safe manner. Safety is our number one priority.
- Perform all equipment/truck maintenance in all areas.
- Must be able to work alone or work with other employees in a friendly and cooperative manner.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Be receptive to ongoing education about products and how they work.
- Must be able to diagnose and recommend repair or maintenance needed on all trucks.
- Perform proper housekeeping throughout the work shift.
- Work with customers/vendors in a friendly and cooperative manner.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Employee must be able to assess problems with a vehicle and trouble-shoot for possible solutions to the problems.
- Employee must be able to repair, overhaul, remove and replace parts on diesel and gas engines, power train, brakes and all parts on heavy equipment or commercial truck/trailers.
- Employee must have basic knowledge of light equipment, hand tools, and safety equipment.
- Employee must have own hand tools and Steel toed shoes.
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or General Education Degree.
- Two years vocational school or related training is desirable.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid driver’s license required
- CDL Class B preferred, Class A is desirable
- Must be able to walk up and down ladders and steps.
- Must be able to hear back up alarms/other noises suggesting danger.
- Must be able to stand and sit for long periods of time.
- Must be able to crawl in and around vehicles, equipment, etc.
- Must be able to operate a 10 pound sledgehammer for 3 minutes without taking a break.
- Must be able to lift and move 50 pounds 25 times per day.
- Must have good eye/hand coordination, close up vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Certain job tasks may require you to wear a half mask respirator in which you will need to meet the osha guidelines based on 1910.134(g)(1)(i).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts.
- Employee handles oil, antifreeze, battery acid, grease cleaners and other chemicals on a daily basis.
- The noise level is moderate to loud.
- The shop is air-conditioned and the employee may be subject to intense heat, cold, dust, smoke and fumes.
- The employee may also be required to work on equipment in the field.
Recent new benefit package with revised wage and vacation package. Health/Dental/Vision insurance available. Referral bonus, yearly tool reimbursement, shoe reimbursement, healthy living (wellness) incentive, free company gym and free uniforms.
Typical hours are M-F 6am-4:30pm or M-Th 12pm-10pm, Fridays 8am-6pm and both shifts will include some Saturdays during production season.