Independent Living Skills Educator – Axis 180
Do you have a passion to help young adults aged 16-21 who are experiencing homelessness? If you answered yes, you should apply for an Independent Living Skills Educator with Volunteers of America, Dakotas Axis 180 program. Our Axis 180 program provides an opportunity for young adults aged 16-21 to transition out of unsafe environments into safe, supportive environment while they learn the skills necessary to succeed on their own.
Due to an expansion we are looking for relief Independent Living Skills Educators. Various hours available with some evening, weekend and holiday hours needed.
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in counseling, social work or related field. Minimum of one year of related experience. Must be at least 21 years of age.
Primary responsibilities for a Family Crisis Intervention Specialist:
- Provide effective role modeling for participants to encourage healthy lifestyles.
- Transport participants as necessary to employment, education and medical appointments.
- Guide and direct participants to assist them in achieving their Transitions Plan goals.
In addition to finding a meaningful career in making a difference in the lives of individuals experiencing homelessness, these benefits may be available to you:
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Sick & Vacation leave
- Flexible Schedules
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending & Health Savings Account
- Employer paid Life Insurance & Long Term Disability Plan
- Employee Assistance Program (5 FREE sessions)
Volunteers of America, Dakotas is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other protected status, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.