Maintenance/Welding Tech - SE South Dakota
Objective: Complete general maintenance and repairs as directed by the maintenance lead. Timely and quality work and respect to the facilities while working.
- Ensure execution of maintenance procedures to achieve maximum productivity and meet deadlines.
- Contribute to the improvement of facilities and reduced total cost.
- Provide timely and accurate work order information to Production Staff, Repair and Maintenance Lead and Administration regarding maintenance progress or challenges.
- Ensure care and proper use of company assets, including vehicles, tools and equipment.
- Understand and ensure application of biosecurity protocols.
- Ensure safety requirements are met and safe practices are exercised.
- Demonstrate strict adherence to company policies and confidentiality.
- Assist with maintenance projects at sow farms as needed.
- Complete projects as assigned by team lead.
Education: Experience in the maintenance field in lieu of degree.
Experience: Position requires minimum one year mechanical-related experience. Individual must have a strong desire to learn equipment operations and perform repairs and maintenance. Position requires strong communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively with operational leaders. Individual must be profit driven, customer oriented and have the ability to apply independent thinking and judgment to address conflict resolution.
- Agricultural swine environment in rural area
- Noise levels that require hearing protection in some areas
- Standing, walking and ability to be on feet 8 to 10 hours per day
- Frequent bending, reaching, squatting and kneeling
- Frequent use of one or both hands/arms to grasp or pull
- Frequent lifting of objects weighing 3-20 pounds
- Occasional bending while pulling and/or lifting objects weighing up to 50 pounds, or requiring up to 50 pounds of force to move
- Occasional bending while pulling and/or lifting objects weighing up to 100 pounds or requiring up to 100 pounds of force to move with the assistance of another person as needed
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to attend and participate in meetings of various lengths
Must qualify to drive a company vehicle per insurance company requirements based on driving record.
Occasional overnight travel.