Have you always wanted to work with Habitat?! We are now looking for a ReStore Assistant!
This position is primarily customer and donor service based and will be responsible for day-to-day type retail related responsibilities and operations of the Habitat for Humanity of Greater Sioux Falls ReStore. The intended purpose of the restore is to sell a wide selection of new, blemished, and useable quality building materials at extremely low prices (50-75% below retail). All sales go towards the mission of our Habitat locally.
- Cashier/Customer Service – The most common tasks are assisting customers with their purchases at the register and answering questions about Sold items and Returns. Answering the phone when it rings to the register is another part of this position. Answering questions about item availability, hours, and directions are the most common phone calls you will deal with.
- Donation Acceptance/Processing/Pricing – This position is physically demanding, because it requires helping the donor remove items from his/her vehicle. You must offer a donation receipt to the donor. If the donor wants a receipt, a short form will be filled out by you. Once the items are in the processing room, they must be cleaned, organized, packaged, and ticketed. You may sometimes put large items (cabinets/furniture/appliances) out to the sales floor with the help of rolling carts and hand trucks. The physical part of this job is often remediated by the assistance of trustees from the Community Service Work Unit through the South Dakota State Penitentiary.
- Processing/Pricing – Cleaning, packaging, organizing, and ticketing are the main jobs associated with this position. There are many times that you may be required to research an items “new” price via internet before determining a ReStore price.
- Merchandising/Sales Floor –Merchandising includes everything from putting out carts of small merchandise to staging entire cabinet sets. Other tasks include helping customers find specific items, answering questions about Sold items/Returns, and cleaning/sweeping around the store.
- Supervision – This position supervises while working with trustees from the Community Service Work Unit at the South Dakota State Penitentiary. You will be required to assist in keeping trustees on task and busy at all times. This position is also responsible for transporting the trustees to and from the unit.
- Office/Data Entry – There will be very minimal computer interaction, if any.
- Other Duties as Assigned by the ReStore Manager
• Required Skills/Experience
o Must have a drivers license and have and maintain a clean driving record
o Previous customer service and warehousing experience is a plus
o Must be able to work well both as a team and independently
o Must be willing to pass a criminal background check
o Ability to lift 10lbs frequently and 25lbs occasionally
o Ability to spend majority of the day standing or moving. Work may require considerable standing, bending, kneeling, and reaching.
o Ability to operate a cash register, office equipment, and computer software
o High School Diploma or GED