Street Outreach Specialist – Street Outreach
Do you have a passion to help youth who are experiencing homelessness? If you answered yes, you should apply for a Street Outreach Specialist with Volunteers of America, Dakotas Street Outreach program. Our Street Outreach program provides education and prevention services to youth. We break tradition by taking our services to youth, rather than waiting for them to come to the organization.
We are looking for a relief Street Outreach Specialist, up to 20 hours per week, later afternoon, evening, holiday and weekend hours required.
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in counseling, social work or related field. Minimum of two years of related experience.
Primary responsibilities for a Family Crisis Intervention Specialist:
- Maintain a consistent schedule of Street Outreach hours.
- Establish relationships with youth who are experiencing homelessness to help them reunite with family.
- Provide effective role modeling to the youth to encourage healthy lifestyles.
In addition to finding a meaningful career in making a difference in the lives of individuals experiencing homelessness, these benefits may be available to you:
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Sick & Vacation leave
- Flexible Schedules
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending & Health Savings Account
- Employer paid Life Insurance & Long Term Disability Plan
- Employee Assistance Program (5 FREE sessions)
Volunteers of America, Dakotas is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other protected status, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.