The Valet Attendant is responsible for parking and retrieving Guests’ vehicles. Greets Guests and ensures timely service. Providing assistance to anyone requiring it while acting in a professional manner at all times.
- Provides exceptional customer service to all internal and external customers.
- Greets all patrons in a positive and friendly manner.
- Maintains a working knowledge of company facilities, activities and special events on property.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Required to possess and maintain a satisfactory driving record.
- Thorough knowledge of driving/roadway laws and regulations.
- Responsible for safe parking and retrieval of Guests’ vehicles.
- Ability to operate vehicles with manual or automatic transmissions.
- Ensuring that all vehicles are checked for damage, ticketed, locked and keys returned to Valet Booth.
- Maintain security of vehicle keys in an orderly manner.
- Maintain cleanliness of work and Guest area.
- Ensure the safety and security of Guests and Employees.
- Ability to read and write company forms and reports.
- Ability to perform assigned duties under frequent time pressure in an interruptive environment.
- Responsible for maintaining a consistent/regular attendance record.
- Count and record tips received.
- Other duties as assigned.
Benefits Offered: • Health • Dental • Vision • Profit Sharing • PTO • Flex Benefits • Life Insurance • Supplemental Insurance • 401K
Grand Falls Casino & Golf Resort is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Grand Falls Casino & Golf Resort prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grand Falls Casino & Golf Resort conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.
All employees must be able to speak, read and write in English and be able to articulate clearly and audibly.