The person in this position is responsible for the design, implementation, and coordination of all volunteer services for the Affiliate. This includes recruitment, coordination of orientation and training, recognition, and database tracking of information about volunteers through an
in-house software program. This is done in conjunction with Habitat policies and procedures and with the guidance of the Executive Director.
- Develop and implement a strategy for actively soliciting, engaging, and maintaining new volunteers.
- Work closely with the staff to keep abreast of changing needs for volunteers for the ReStore, construction, neighborhood revitalization and administration.
- Act as a liaison to other organizations who are sending volunteers.
- Coordinate the scheduling of groups and skilled volunteers.
- Develop and implement a formal and informal volunteer appreciation program.
- Develop and maintain a list of volunteer opportunities and volunteer job descriptions.
- Post volunteer opportunities on appropriate partner websites.
- Assess and assign volunteers to the appropriate areas.
- Organize orientation for volunteers, using appropriate Habitat staff.
- Maintain database information on volunteers using in-house software.
- Develop and maintain a feedback system for volunteers.
- Coordinate Habitat volunteer groups/events such as Women Build Day and Collegiate Challenge.
- Complete required volunteer and community service reports for outside agencies and sponsors.
- Attend volunteer fairs, appropriate speaking engagements and other networking opportunities in the community.
- Promote volunteerism (for Habitat) within the community.
- Perform other duties as needed or requested.
This person reports directly to the Executive Director and responds to requests from the Board of Directors. This person works in a team atmosphere of mutual respect and cooperation with all staff and volunteers.
THIS POSITION IS FULL-TIME/SALARIED/EXEMPT. PLEASE ATTACH RESUME.