The Youth Case Manager purpose is to support the efforts of Call to Freedom coordinating education and prevention services for human trafficking youth victim throughout the Sioux Falls Youth Programs and metro counties. The Youth Case Manager facilitates partnership with the Sioux Falls Youth Programs and metro counties, education and community outreach, training/prevention, case management and technical assistance to existing community response teams, and develop multi-disciplinary teams as needed.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND JOB DUTIES:
- Provide technical assistance to youth program service members, and other education members, as requested.
- Provide case-specific assistance with youth screening, referral, intervention strategies, best practices, etc.
- Work with Youth Team and appropriate staff to develop youth trafficking prevention programs in collaboration with Sioux Falls youth programs and metro areas.
- Assist Youth Navigator in developing and/or assisting existing multi-disciplinary teams. Facilitate development of youth protocols that involve each agency participating in response teams. Assist youth MDT in delivering a coordinated response between agencies when responding to youth human trafficking cases.
- Be informed of child protection reporting and response protocols within South Dakota.
- Collaborate with existing youth and education services partners and potential new partners to keep collaborations and referrals active and productive.
- Provide culturally relevant case management services to all youth survivors and their families, including women, men, children, LGBT+, and survivors of diverse ethnic, racial and cultural backgrounds.
- Be a primary point of contact for assigned clients. Provide responsive and timely service to individuals.
- Conduct initial screenings and assessments and work with individuals, recognizing needs for safety, autonomy, and confidentiality.
- Work with team and clients to manage tasks for Outreach Program.
- Work with community partners to build referral sources and collaborations.
- Responsible for daily entry of client data on database system.
- Responsible for transportation of clients using personal or company vehicle when appropriate.
- Maintains documentation and records as appropriate, track data as requested by supervisor.